Thursday, January 19, 2012

Lean On Me

"Lean on me, when you're not strong, I'll be your friend. I'll help you carry on."

Remember that Bill Withers tune? It's always been one of my favorite songs. Such a wonderful, powerful message he conveys.

You know what? It's even more meaningful when you are going through a rough time, and your friends all band together to help you out.

I typically am the one helping out - I like to help people. I help my family, I like to help my friends, I like to volunteer and help those less fortunate than me.

Because of my separation, I have taken a huge cut in income. I have cut back on a lot of things, and have started painting houses for my friends.

And word has gotten out, and I have a lot of painting work lined up. Yeah! Thank you friends.

A friend last week filled my car tank up with gas just for giving her a ride home from work. Thank you Friend!

Friends give me things I need - like food, dog food, cat food. I don't mind cutting back on expenses, but I can't do that for my pets. Thank you Cousin!

And thank you to all of those who believe in me, and tell me so. Your kind words of encouragement have brightened my days, helped me see through the dark clouds that cloud my thoughts and remind me that this trying time is only temporary.

And thank you for reassuring me that I am doing the right thing, that I need to build a bridge from my old life into my new one, and cross the bridge and leave all of the hurt behind me. Even blow that bridge up once I am over it. Thank you Friend for that bit of advice.

Soon, I will be caught up, back on my feet, going out, and have my skip in my step restored once again.

All work and no play does make Christina a somewhat dull gal. But I know that it is only temporary, plus I do love the work I am doing, and I am becoming one heck of a house painter.

So, thank you to all my friends and family who are so supportive. You know who you are ... and I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment